For system requirements of ActiveImage Protector 2022, please visit System Requirements.
Upgrade from AIP 2018 to AIP 2022
Licences with valid maintenance
Step 1: Get a new product key
Before starting with the technical part of the upgrade, it is necessary to request a new serial key valid to activate AIP 2022.
- Go to the Partner Portal.
(if you do not have access to it, email us the list of serial keys you need to upgrade to: email@example.com)
- Enter your login and search for the licence to upgrade.
- Click on the <Upgrade> button on the right side of the <Renew maintenance> button.
Step 2: Upgrade your software
Once you have your new serial key (step 1), start with the software upgrade.
- The lowest required build 18.104.22.16826 is required to upgrade your existing installation. If your build is lower, update first to AIP 2018 installation to the mentioned version before upgrading to ActiveImage Protector 2022. Alternatively, uninstall your current version and install the new ActiveImage Protector 2022 version.
- Download the newest version of ActiveImage Protector 2022 and install it on top of your current software.
- Windows (valid for Server, SBS, Desktop, Virtual editions): http://download.actiphy.eu/AIP2022-Windows.html
- Linux: http://download.actiphy.eu/AIP2022-Linux.html
- Start the setup as administrator.
- Enter your new license key and click install / update.
- If you want to install other components e.g. the boot environment, please select the specific one under “install other components”. Only the marked component will be installed.
- All settings and backup jobs are retained during the update procedure.
Step 3: Update your Post-backup Process tasks
If you had enabled any of the Post-backup Process tasks (BootCheck, ImageVerify, Consolidation or Replication) in your previous ActiveImage Protector version, it is important to edit and update the schedule or reconfigure the schedule settings after upgrading to ActiveImage Protector 2022.
What happen to other existing tasks / jobs
- Backup jobs: Will be transferred into new version. See details in “Important notes”.
- HyperBack tasks: Will be transferred into the new version. See details in “Important notes”.
- Email notifications: Will be transferred into new version. Nothing to do.
Further limitations: Readme file. ActiveVisor will soon be updated to support AIP2022.
Licences with expired maintenance
- Go to the Partner Portal (if you do not have access to it, email us the list of serial keys you need to renew and upgrade to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your logins and search for the licence to upgrade
- Click on the <Renew maintenance> button.
- Once the maintenance is renewed, click on the <Upgrade> button on the right side of the <Renew maintenance> button.
- Follow instructions in the section above (upgrade with valid maintenance)
Alternatively, you can continue using your AIP 2018 software as before.
Actiphy Portal Service (APS) - Web backup Monitoring console
Actiphy Portal Service monitors ActiveImage Protector backup tasks from a web interface. It is free.
APS is strongly recommended for IT Resellers and MSPs managing several AIP licences.
Note: APS can monitor backup tasks from AIP 2022 and AIP 2018, independently if you have valid maintenance or not. (Check the procedure here)
Upgrade from APS Beta version
You do not need to anything. You will automatically get the full version of APS online.
Don’t have APS yet?
Request access here by filling in the form. 1 person per company. This main user can then create multiple users once his Cloud APS access has been created.
New products naming
- ActiveImage Protector 2018 Virtual HyperAgent Basic --> ActiveImage Protector 2022 Virtual Unlimited
- ActiveImage Protector 2018 Virtual HyperAgent 3 VMs --> ActiveImage Protector 2022 Virtual 3 VM
- ActiveImage Protector 2018 Virtual HyperAgent 1 VM --> ActiveImage Protector 2022 Virtual 1 VM
- No change for ActiveImage Protector Server, SBS, Desktop, IT Pro, Linux, ImageCenter
- vStandby AIP --> Now included in ActiveImage Protector 2022 as HyperStandandy.
Create a support ticket.